Life Drawing Foundations
A virtual 6-week class focused on skills to use in typical life drawing settings, where pose durations average 1-30 minutes.
All meetings occur live on Zoom and are recorded for future reference.
Class meets virtually Mondays 6-8:30pm CST
November 8th - December 13th, 2021
An instructed virtual class, designed to prepare you for drawing the figure from life
Many drawing techniques are not very practical in typical life drawing sessions due to the limited nature of short poses, which is why I am developing this course! I'll share with you how to approach drawings within a limited time frame, which steps to take first and which to leave out, and most importantly how to control your focus.
We'll accomplish this via a fun weekly virtual life drawing group!
- At the beginning of each meeting, I will present that week's concept live with a presentation and demonstration. Comment and ask questions in real time!
- Next, we will all draw from a model presented on screen to practice the concept together. A split screen will show the model on one side, and my drawing on the other.
- Finally, you have the option to participate in a critique session at the end of each meeting to get feedback on your progress.
- All meetings are recorded for repeat viewing!
- Additional 'life drawing' videos and model photos are available to you for practice between classes.
What Materials Do I Need?
I recommend toned paper, charcoal pencils, white charcoal pencils, erasers, and a good sharpener. Detailed materials PDF coming soon!