Group Private Lessons
If you've taken classes with Lacey before, or you're a more experienced artist looking to get help with your drawings or paintings, this is an ideal setting for you! Each student works on their own independent projects and can develop a personalized curriculum with Lacey based on your current ability and future goals.
Group meets Thursdays 3-5pm, for just $80/session. (Compare to $400 for a 2 hour private session!)
Only 6 students will be accepted to begin. Email Lacey to join!Reserve your spot now!
- Private Lessons are $200/hr for 1 student
- Typical schedule is one 1hr meeting per week, but this can vary based on the needs of the student
- In-Studio lessons occur at 7800 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Suite #17 in Overland Park, KS
- In-Home lessons are not currently offered
- Virtual lessons are available
- Contact for pricing for 2 or more students or groups
- Students of all levels accepted
- Instruction is geared toward adults and older teens
Who Should Take Private Lessons?
- A beginner who does not prefer to be in a group setting
- Someone already creating art seeking direction for improvement
- Those preparing a portfolio for college entrance, scholarships, etc
- Anyone who wants to start or improve their drawings or paintings
While I highly recommend taking my Foundations courses for most beginner and intermediate students, private lessons are open to students of any level.
Instruction is focused on realistic drawing and painting for adults and older teens. I do not currently teach younger students, but I am working on a list of recommendations for children interested in art.
My practice focuses on the mediums of drawing in graphite and charcoal and painting in oil. Instruction also applies to colored pencil, pastel, watercolor, gouache, acrylic, and digital painting.
A Curriculum Tailored to You
After discussing experiences and goals, I develop a curriculum that is tailored to fit the interests and ability level of the student. Using many traditional and modern methods of teaching, I help students learn how to see, analyze what they see, and then draw and paint according to their vision. I understand that everyone has a different way that they learn best, and am able to present concepts using several different approaches according to the personality of the individual.
I specialize in portrait and figurative art and instruction, but am able to teach any subject under the heading realism, including still life, landscape, wildlife, and fantasy art.
Ready to Start?
Whether you want instruction for yourself, or you want to set-up lessons as a gift, send me an email to get started. Let me know a little about your goals, current ability level, and general availability. I look forward to helping you on your art journey!Email Lacey